Sugar Free Classic Chocolate Cake
IngredientsFor the cake: 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups Natvia ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 2 tsp baking powder 1½ tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 1 cup milk ½ cup vegetable or canola oil 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup boiling water For the ganache/frosting: 200g sugar free dark chocolate, chopped finely 1 cup double cream 2 tbsp Natvia
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Prepare two 20cm cake pans, grease with butter or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, Natvia, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. You can use a hand mixer or a standing mixer, mix until well combined.
- Follow by adding milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla and continue mixing on medium speed until well combined. Lower the speed and slowly add boiling water to the batter, mix until smooth and even. Continue mixing on high speed for about 1 minute afterwards to add air to the mix.
- Transfer and spread evenly between the two cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes on wire rack, afterwards remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
- To make the ganache start by heating the cream in a medium pan until it almost boils, add the Natvia and dark chocolate and lower the heat to low.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth and well combined. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Assembly: Put a layer of ganache on the first cake, proceed by stacking the second cake on top. Make sure the cake and ganache have sufficiently cooled before.
- Spread ganache evenly on the surface of the cake.
- Optional, dust with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings. Enjoy the chocolate heaven!