Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
0.5 cup Coconut Flour
0.5 cup Almond Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
0.5 cup Natvia
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 Egg Whites
2 tablespoon Butter
0.75 cup Low Fat Buttermilk
0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
7 drops red food dye
0 Paper Muffin Cups
115 g Cream Cheese
55 g Butter
1 cup Natvia
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C & prepare a muffin baking tray with muffin cups.
- Add 1/2 a cup of coconut flour, 1/2 a cup of almond flour, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup Natvia, 2 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt to a mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture until it has combined evenly and set aside.
- In a new bowl, seperate 2 eggs from their yolk and add the egg whites to the main mixing bowl.
- On top of the egg whites, add another 2 full eggs (crack both whole things in there!). Take a hand blender or other food processor tool and blend until it has formed a fluffy mixture and set aside.
- In another new bowl, add 2 tbsp of melted butter, 3/4 cup low fat buttermilk, 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, 7 drops of red food dye. Hand whisk this mixture until evenly mixed (everything is red now!).
- Add the red mixture to the dry ingredients you set aside in step 3. Stir this mixture until red clumps have formed.
- Slowly start to add the fluffy egg mixture also, whilst stirring and mixing evenly.
- Once evenly mixed together, the mixture should be a soft and bright red cupcake mixture that is ready for the muffin trays!
- Add the mixture to the paper muffin cups in the muffin trays and bake for 20 minutes at 175°C.
- Beat 115g of cream cheese in a new bowl.
- Once fluffy, add 55g of butter and continue to blend.
- Add 1 cup of Natvia, and 1 tsp Vanilla Extract to the mixture and continue to beat until throughly combined.
- Add this frosting mixture to a piping bag and prepare to spread the icing on the tops of the cupcakes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and pipe the frosting mixture onto the cupcakes one by one.
- Once frosted, enjoy some stunning Red Velvet Cupcakes without the sugar and without the guilt!